Instagram Lite is an official Instagram application that was created for Android users who have limited storage space on their mobile phones. The app only occupies 573 KB of memory which means that it’s a lot lighter and easier to run that the original app.
Understandably, the lite version will have quite a few limitations but the main functionalities will definitely be available. With that said, there shouldn’t be any problems with managing your Instagram brand through your smartphone, as long as you keep in mind that…
…the application is still in its beta testing phase and is only available to Android users in Mexico. The great news is, it is expected to expand to other countries by the beginning of 2019.
Instagram Lite Features
- You can edit your biography and profile picture.
- You can follow your friends and accounts that are of interest to you.
- You can publish photos and edit them with the preloaded app filters.
- You can share multiple photos to your stories. You can also add texts with different fonts, hashtags, emojis and filters. Like the original tool, the stories disappear after 24 hours.
- In the account section, you can view the stories of people you follow.
- In the explore section, you can view the photos, videos and all the publications of people you follow.
Limitations of Instagram Lite
- You cannot share your publications in video format.
- You will not be able to send live messages through the stories.
- You can not share the stories to your friends list.
- The location sticker is not available.
- You will not be allowed to share posts in the feed via direct message.
- Limitations for stickers in stories (countdown, questions and answers, music and sliding emojis for questions).
- Live is not available.
How To Install Instagram Lite: Step by Step Guide
The icon of the the lite version is the same as the original app, but with a white background. Don’t be alarmed if you don’t find it your app market. As they have just started to expand its reach, it may not be available in your country yet.
- Access the Play Store from your Android smartphone.
- Search for the application.
- Click on Install and launch application upon installation.
- Log in with your account.
- Ready! You will have all available resources.
And if you need help with increasing your Instagram followers, Simplygram is available no matter where you are. Sign up for our free trial to gain 30,000 followers in just under a year.
Alternative Use To Instagram Lite With Google Chrome
If at the moment the lite version is not available in your country yet, but you need space in your mobile or you have to manage an extra account (either your client’s or your own business), and you do not want to waste time logging out and logging back in to switch accounts, take note of this trick using Google Chrome.
- Access the Instagram.com website from your mobile.
- Click on the three points on the top right part of the screen.
- Select the option that lets you to add a shortcut to the main screen.
- Then, you will see an Instagram shortcut on the main page of your mobile phone.
Instagram Limitations On Google Chrome
- You will not have the stickers of Instagram stories available.
- You will not be able to upload videos.
- It will not allow you to manage live messages.
Lite For Facebook And Instagram
With Lite for Facebook and Instagram you can manage multiple applications with just one tool. And the best thing is, you can save a lot of space and battery life. This is not an official application, but tests have been performed to gauge its performance and it and has worked without problems.
Lite Advantages For Facebook And Instagram
- You can use Facebook and Messenger in the same application.
- You can download photos and videos from Facebook and Instagram.
- You can make an Instagram repost of photos and videos.
Disadvantages Of Lite For Facebook And Instagram
- It does not allow you to upload photos and videos from the application to Instagram.
- You cannot send messages.
- You will not be able to upload stories.
If you find yourself new to Instagram Lite, I’m sure you will be surprised to see changes along the way as they work to improve the app. But if your goal is get Instagram famous and get more followers, you don’t need the app for that. You can visit Simplygram and sign up for our free trial so we can help you grow your Instagram following.
Latest posts by Katherine Lopez (see all)
- The Story of #Curvy: Analyzing Hashtags CORRECTLY - June 5, 2019
- Edit Photos Like An Influencer With These 4 Kick-Ass Apps for Instagram - June 4, 2019
- How To Set Up Instagram Parental Controls - May 5, 2019