Do you know about the “Add Yours” feature on Instagram? Have you used it yet, or you’re still stuck on how to use it?
Even if you haven’t used this feature yet, you must have heard of the popular Instagram story “Add Yours” trends such as “We’ll plant one tree for every pet picture”, “Show us your name in an urban dictionary”, or “Who are you in love with?”
But as a brand, why should you use this new story feature on Instagram?
The Instagram “Add Yours” prompt provides a new creative way through which your followers can engage with your IG stories. It can also help you gain more followers as it allows you to connect with other users on the platform.
Moreover, the feature works almost like an Instagram growth service mother-child method, as it promotes your account through the use of other accounts that join your “Add Yours” story prompt. New accounts who join the chain story will keep leading new followers to your page, enabling you to stay relevant.
Table of Contents
What Is the Instagram “Add Yours” Story Feature?
Instagram recently upgraded its story feature by adding the “Add Yours” sticker. The sticker allows you to start a public prompt that others can join in.
Once you post an Instagram story and add this feature, then others can post a picture that fits with your story’s theme. The sticker also allows you to add your photo or video to other people’s story captions.
Take for example the “1 tree for every pet picture” Instagram trend that went viral because of the “Add Yours” sticker. PlantATreeCo posted the story first and used the “Add Yours” sticker prompting other Instagram users to post cute photos of their pets on the prompt. The result was something like a chain story with millions of pet pictures that have been shared over four million times.
If you have never used the “Add Yours” prompt on Instagram, you’re in luck.
Hopefully, by the time you’re done reading this article, you’ll know how to use “Add Yours” on Instagram.
How to Use “Add Yours” on Instagram?
If you’re on Instagram, you can start your “Add Yours” prompt or join a chain of an “Add Yours” thread created by another Instagram user.
But how do you do it?
Read on and learn how to find “Add Yours” on Instagram.
How to Find “Add Yours” on Instagram
To find the “Add Yours” feature on Instagram follow the below steps:
- Log in to your Instagram profile
- On the upper left-hand corner, click on your story
- You’ll gain access to the Instagram stories creator, which allows you to add media
- Tap on the sticker icon (the one with a smiley face) at the top of your screen
- From the sticker screen, you can now see the Instagram “Add Yours” sticker that has a camera icon next to it
How to Do the “Add Yours” Trend on Instagram
If you want to be part of the “Add Yours” craze, you can create your “Add Yours” trend.
Here’s how you do it.
- Log in to your Instagram profile and tap on your story
- Upload your photo or video of choice to your Instagram story
- Click on the sticker button at the top of your screen
- Choose the “Add Yours” button from the sticker choices available
- Type a prompt for your photo
- You can also let Instagram choose a prompt for you by selecting the dice icon found at the bottom of the screen
- Once done, you can now post your story by selecting “your story” at the bottom of the screen
If you want to view people who have responded to your sticker prompt, tap the “Add Yours” sticker to see the Instagram profiles that added their photos or videos.
Also, you can see the users who have responded to your sticker directly from your story by selecting the “seen by” button at the bottom left side of the screen.
How to Find Other People’s “Add Yours” on Instagram
If you want to find another user Instagram “Add Yours” prompt, follow the below steps
- On Instagram, lookout for a story with the “Add Yours” sticker
- Select the “Add Yours” sticker on the story
- Once you tap on the sticker, a menu will pop up that has a list of people who have contributed to the prompt. You can also see the person who started the prompt on the “started by” icon
- Select the first circle on the list, and you will see the stories featuring this sticker
- If you want to add a photo or video to the chain, follow the below steps.
- Tap on the blue “Add Yours” sticker icon at the bottom of the prompt
- You can also select the “add more” icon that is on the story’s camera button
- Choose a photo from your phone’s gallery or upload one directly from your story’s camera
- Once done, tap on “share your story” to add your photo to the sticker thread
Why Don’t I Have the “Add Yours” Feature on Instagram?
In some instances, you may find that the “Add Yours” sticker is missing from your Instagram stories. Here are several things you can do to resolve this problem.
- Try logging out and logging in again on your Instagram app and check if you can see the sticker
- Clear cache and data from your Instagram app
- Check if there is a pending Instagram update on your app or reinstall the latest Instagram app via the App or Play store
- Join the Instagram Beta program and get a chance to test out the “Add Yours” sticker and any other new features on the app
- Report the matter on the Instagram Help section by sending an Instagram “Add Yours” not working message and wait to see if the problem is resolved
- If you’re using a business profile, try switching to a personal account
If none of these fixes work, it may be that the feature is yet to be rolled out in your region. The “Add Yours” sticker which was rolled out in November 2021 was initially in use in Japan, Singapore, and Indonesia and Instagram is in the process of rolling it out in other regions.
If the feature isn’t available, maybe it hasn’t been rolled out in your country yet. However, if you really want to use the sticker, you can use a VPN to temporarily connect to another country’s server where the sticker is available.
The Instagram “Add Yours” sticker makes Instagram stories more fun. Your followers can now interact with your posts more interactively and creatively thanks to this feature.
Besides, the sticker also puts your profile out there. In the past, Instagram stories could only last for 24 hours. However, the “Add Yours” sticker lasts for as long as other users add their photos to the chain. Your profile will also continue getting credit for starting the prompt which improves the chances of it being discovered by others users.
So, what’s stopping you from using the “Add Yours” feature on your Instagram stories?
Share with us in the comments section below.