Given that there is so much that we cannot express with text alone, and because a picture is worth a thousand words, more and more users and companies are starting to include GIFs in Instagram. And, more specifically, in their stories.
The GIFs on Instagram have become a key element, without which this social network can no longer be conceived. Among the reasons for their popularity and increasing use, the following stand out:
- They are fun and very visual.
- They come in all types and can be used on any subject.
- Their movement and aesthetics capture attention very easily.
So, if you want to get more visibility in Instagram Stories, keep reading to know what options you have when posting GIFs on Instagram and how to customize them from your photos directly from your iPhone.
How To Put GIFs On Instagram Stories
If you want to discover how to put a GIF on Instagram Stories, the first thing you need to know is that, thanks to the ‘Sticker’ function, this process has become really simple!
These are the steps to follow:
- Create a new story: To do this, you just have to click on the image of your profile, which is located on the top left corner of the page.
- Make or upload a photo or a video: To be able to insert GIFs in Instagram, you must first make or upload a photo or video from your gallery.
- Tap the sticker icon: Once the photo or video has been chosen, click on the Sticker icon, which can be seen at the top.
- Select the GIF option on Instagram: From among all the options shown, select the GIF option. Keep in mind that this is on the first screen of the stickers.
- Look for the GIF you want to use: Use the top search bar to type the kind of GIF you want to search, or add it to your gallery as you can see in the example done with an iPhone.
- Select it and place it anywhere you want: Choose the GIF you like and it will be automatically inserted into your photo or video. You can move it and change its size as desired.
I Do Not Get GIFs On Instagram
If you cannot find a way to insert a GIF in Instagram, it is likely that the cause has something to do with one of these two situations:
- You do not have an Internet connection.
- Your Instagram version is outdated.
How To Upload Custom GIFs
Instagram Stories makes it really easy to give life to your content thanks to its new features, but if you want to go a step further and upload GIFs to personalize your Instagram feed – and eventually grow your Instagram – here are a few more advanced tricks that you can use.
First, and although there are other options, here we tell you how to do it with Giphy:
- Create a brand account in Giphy.
- Upload your own custom GIFs to Giphy and add related hashtags.
- Search for your personalized GIF on Instagram by typing in the search engine the tags you have used, and that’s it!
There. That wasn’t too hard was it? But it doesn’t end there. If you’re really serious about growing your Instagram and get on a fast-track path to becoming Instagram famous, you can also check out simplygram.com (where you can sign up for a free trial of our Instagram growth service to help you find your way).
In addition to this option of customizing your GIFs on Instagram from another platform, you can also do cool things from the application itself such as:
- Combining the use of animated GIFs with your photos and videos → Here, rather than customizing GIFs for Instagram, it is about taking advantage of what the application itself brings to give movement and a funny meaning to our stories. For example, one very useful feature is to use the arrows in movement to call the action of clicking or swiping on our publication.
- Create animated texts from Instagram GIFs → You can bring your texts to life by combining different tricks of playing with GIFs and backgrounds. For example, select any Instagram GIF from the stories, large enough to cover the background, and save it on the reel. Without having to publish anything in Instagram Stories, return to the application and upload the GIF to Instagram as a background, and from there you can play to paint over. You leave the photo to apply a whole background to a single color, then with the eraser you write a text and, ta-da!, you have just created a personalized GIF in the form of animated text.
☼ Take note of more examples and tricks to create cool backgrounds and play with your texts in the post about super hacks to create stories on Instagram.
Customize GIFs From Your iPhone
IOS devices have the particular attribute of being able to convert a video or several photos into a fully customized GIF, without requiring the use of any other app or tool. To do this:
- Take a photo with the “Live” option selected.
- In the gallery, slide the file up.
- Choose between “Loop” and “Rebound”.
With this simple trick, your photo will have become a personalized GIF.
Now it’s your turn to take action and experiment with your data to produce creative content in the social network of the moment. Would you share with us your ideas to personalize and upload GIFs to Instagram and bring your stories to life?
Naturally, you wouldn’t want all your efforts to spruce up your Instagram feed to go to waste, so as a way of enticing your Instagram followers to stick around and to get more IG followers, you could also try signing up for a free trial of our Instagram growth service.
Latest posts by Anne Haynes (see all)
- Get Free Instagram Followers Instantly With Our IG Growth Service Trial - September 22, 2020
- How To Get More Followers On Instagram - April 6, 2020
- Every Little Thing You Need To Know About Instagram Quick Replies: The Most Complete Guide Ever! - June 5, 2019