You have probably wondered when’s the best time to post on Instagram. In the world of Social Media, it’s important to remember that posting on a specific day and time can be a deciding factor whether your post will achieve a greater impact and have more user interactions.
That’s why it’s important to know as soon as possible when’s the best time to post on Instagram. Alongside knowing the appropriate number of times one should post updates on their Instagram accounts, knowing the best time to post is also considered as one of the biggest issues raised by brands and influencers.
Factors to decide when to post on Instagram
You’ll have to analyze the statistics of your account and ask yourself a series of questions before setting an optimal time and day for your posts on your agenda. So, you should ask yourself:
- When are your followers more active?
- What information or content does your audience expect to receive at each moment of the day?
- How do the Instagram algorithm updates affect you?
In addition, we must take into account the type of content we want to offer since regular posts and stories don’t follow the same patterns. In fact, none of the above is important in the case of Instagram Stories.
When is it the best time to post on Instagram?
First, let’s see some general estimates about when is it the best time to make regular posts on Instagram to maximize your follower growth and engagements. These are the posts that appear in the feed of your followers and remain fixed on your profile.
The best time to post on Instagram
To know exactly when to publish on Instagram, you must first keep in mind one of the most relevant keys; detect when are the deadlines for your community. These deadlines are the moments of the day when your followers practically don’t use Instagram.
For Instagram, the early hours of the morning are not advisable and will not yield a lot of reach. Therefore, it is essential that you always post, at the earliest, starting at 11 am.
Also, keep in mind that, if you are going to publish during the week, it is more than likely that the best hours are those after lunch. That is, between 3 pm-4pm.
- Never post before 11 am (unless part of your community is located in countries with different time zones).
- If you update your profile during the week, try to do it during free hours, such as between 3 pm and 4 pm.
- If you want to get more followers, make sure to research the hours where the hashtags that you use are most active and to use apps such as SimplyGram that help maintain that constant flow of followers on those hours.
Even so, as we said at the beginning, it is essential that you know your audience and their behavior in particular.
The best day to post on Instagram
You have to consider these following questions: When should you publish your posts on Instagram? Do you post it on Monday just to start the week right? Wednesday just for it to be a central day? or Saturday just to take advantage of the free time that your users usually have during the weekend?
Well, everything seems to indicate that the weekends are not very apt to make updates if what you want is to achieve a greater scope.
The reason is that users tend to be much less aware of their mobile phones unless they are traveling and taking the opportunity to upload some photographs.
Therefore, whenever possible, try to publish during the week and, more specifically, between Tuesday and Thursday. Because, as we all know, Mondays are much lazier, and on Fridays, many people begin their weekend at midday.
In summary, take note of these tips:
- Always try to update your profile during the week.
- If you can choose, publish mostly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
In any case, these are recommendations based on global estimates. To determine successfully what days and at what time to publish on Instagram, prioritize analyzing the statistics offered by the company accounts and draw conclusions about the moments in which your users are most active.
When is it a better time to post on Instagram Stories?
If most of your doubts have to do with the publication of stories on Instagram, in this case, the solution is much simpler for several reasons. All of these reasons are related to the temporal nature (24 hours) of this content:
- The concept of ‘dead hours’ has no relevance here, as your followers will have easy access to your story even if they are not active at the time of its publication.
- Instagram has not yet designed an algorithm that rewards or penalizes the number of stories you publish, so there is no specific limit in this regard.
In fact, there are accounts that publish stories practically throughout the day, accumulating more than 10 or 15 different stories, without worrying too much about finding the optimal moment. Accounts like those get engagement and visibility through creating interesting content tailored for the users and getting organic followers from apps such as SimplyGram.
Of course, there may be times when you need to have an immediate response to your stories from your followers. In those cases, you should try to find out when your followers are most active.
In short, follow these tips if you wonder when to post on Instagram and permanently investigate the behavior of your audience. Only then will you get the best results.
Latest posts by Trevor Harmon (see all)
- Instagram Polls and Questions: 50+ Curiously Good Samples You Haven’t Thought of Yet - September 16, 2020
- A Guide To Becoming An Instagram Influencer - September 19, 2019
- 4 Record-Breaking Instagram Campaigns to Inspire You - June 5, 2019