Everyone craves validation, be it in real life or on social media. Every compliment, every like on a picture, even a slight nod of approval makes an impact. With more than a billion active monthly users, Instagram is arguably the most popular social media app right now. And such a huge user base means everyone wants to stand out on the platform.
A strong Instagram presence is now an essential part of every brand’s marketing strategy. The most significant badge of social media validation is Instagram verification. The coveted blue tick mark indicates authenticity and prestige, insinuating peoples’ trust in your content.
Many Instagram users wonder how to grow Instagram followers and whether a verified account has anything to do with growth on the network. Well, there are many strategies for growing your Instagram account, and a verified account can make the entire process easy and smooth.
A verified account can make you stand out among the clutter, underscore your authority, and boost your Instagram growth. Needless to say, securing that blue tick mark is not an easy feat and not available to everyone.
While anyone can apply for account verification, the social media network is extremely picky about who gets that coveted blue tick mark.
In this post, we will provide you with important tips for getting verified on Instagram.
What Does it Mean to be Verified on Instagram?
An Instagram account with a verification badge means a notable brand, celebrity, influencer, person or business is behind the account, and it has been verified by the platform. In simple words, when you follow an Instagram account with a blue badge, it means that the account is legit and not a meme or fan account.
All the big names, including Facebook and Twitter, offer verification badges to authentic public accounts. This proves that the account is, in fact, a true representative of the influencer, person, or business.
Verified accounts are highly searchable, making them desirable, especially for independent creators. Their rarity and exclusivity do not necessarily mean better engagement or special treatment by the Instagram algorithm. Still, it does solidify an account’s presence and traction.
It can be pretty frustrating to authenticate your presence on the platform if you are just starting out. If you are confident about your influence on the app, maybe it is time you apply for a blue check badge.
How do You Get the Blue Checkmark on Instagram?
Applying for verification is a relatively simple process. Here’s how you can file a request for verification on Instagram:
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap the icon with your profile picture in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Proceed to tap on the menu icon of your profile in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the settings icon on the bottom-right of the screen, and select Account from the settings menu.
- Scroll down, search for Request Verification, and tap it.
- You will see a form appearing on your screen with your account name pre-filled. Start by adding your full name.
- Then, tap the Choose File icon to attach a photo of your ID. A driver’s license, national identification card, or passport works for personal accounts. For businesses, you can attach any official business document like a tax filing, article of incorporation, or even a utility bill.
- Then, add your photo by either taking a clear picture of your ID using your camera or uploading an image of your ID from your phone.
- Finally, go to the bottom of the screen and tap the blue Send button to submit your verification request to Instagram.
Tips for Verification
Now that you know how to file a request for verification, let us go over some Instagram verification requirements.
Instagram is very public and transparent about its standards and requirements for verification. If you are wondering what it takes to be eligible for the coveted blue tick badge, here are some tips to help you get started.
- Be authentic: Your Instagram account must be authentic. If you are using it for business, make sure that your business is registered or is an established organization.
- Be notable: Everyone cannot have access to the blue badge. You must have a significant following, be highly searched for, and get a lot of traction from the public in general.
- Complete your profile: Incomplete profiles do not get verified on Instagram. You must be active on the platform and have a profile picture and a bio.
- Have a public profile: Instagram verification is not meant for private accounts. Your account must be public to get verified.
- Be honest: Lying is wrong, both in real life and the virtual world, so be honest with your content. Providing false or misleading information while applying for a blue tick badge may result in possible suspension and maybe even a permanent ban from the platform.
- Do not link your profile to other social networks: It is not a good idea to add links to your other social media profiles on Instagram. It reduces your chance of getting verified.
How Long Does it Take to Get Verified on Instagram?
The verification process may take up to several weeks. Every account verification request is forwarded to individual moderators at Instagram. They are responsible for reviewing your account and deciding whether your Instagram is worth the badge.
Once the Instagram team completes reviewing your application, they will contact you. You will receive a notification in the app conveying the news. If your request gets approved, congratulations! If not, do not lose hope because you can apply for verification again after 30 days.
Getting verified on Instagram is a big milestone, to say the least. Thus, reaching that stage requires effort and planning. If you are serious about your brand, you must be ready to put in the hours. From more substantial social search presence to better brand credibility, verification comes with many benefits, so it is safe to say that the effort will be worth it in the end.
A blue tick badge sets you apart from the crowd and makes it easier for you to reach out to others, and boosts your conversion rates as well. All you have to do now is to prove that you are worthy of it. Good luck!
- What Does “FS” Mean on Instagram? - March 1, 2023
- What Does “TTM” Mean on Instagram? - February 28, 2023
- What Does User Not Found Mean On Instagram? - February 28, 2023