I am a total Instagram fan. I enjoy being productive and I do not like wasting my time on things that do not make sense. That’s why I have more free time to play with my cats and watch Netflix, you know.
And that’s why, since Instagram Quick Replies came out, I have not stopped using them and getting the most out of them.
They are quite a new functionality of Instagram that allows you to better manage the time you dedicate to answer the DMs (Direct Messages) on IG.
In this article, I will tell you all about Instagram Quick Replies. I will answer the questions:
- What are they?
- Why you should use them?
- How to create them?
- How to edit and delete them?
- How to use them?
I will also share with you 6 strategies that companies use to get the most out of Instagram Quick Replies.
Are you ready? Then keep reading!
What are Instagram Quick Replies?
Let’s start from the beginning. Let me tell you what Instagram Quick Replies are so you don’t get lost like a penguin in Mallorca during the remainder of the post.
Instagram Quick Replies is a functionality that is only available to business accounts. Sorry, if you only have a personal account, you will not be able to find it. As the name suggests, it is all about answers that you can provide through DM (Direct Messaging). They are fast and they can save you a lot of time.
To put it in another way, they are actually text drafts or answers that you save in your Instagram account. These drafts can be copied and pasted in your private messages when someone writes to you. In this way, you can avoid having to write the same thing over and over again when more than one Instagram follower asks you about something similar.
It is very likely that many accounts do not need to use this functionality, since they do not receive a lot of private questions always asking the same about the same things. But I can assure you that for accounts that have tens or hundreds of DMs a day, Instagram Quick Replies are truly heaven sent!
Of course, do not think that Instagram Quick Replies are the same as Facebook Messenger chatbots. Unfortunately, they are not activated according to the keywords that users write. No, my friend. These Quick Replies need to be marked each time. You will need to choose from those messages that you already saved, as you view each direct message sent to you Instagram.
Why should you use Instagram Quick Replies?
According to Instagram, more than 150 million people use direct messages every month to communicate with brands or companies. And, yes, almost a third of those are marketed from our beloved Instagram Stories, Since currently, the only way to respond to a story is through a direct message (DM).
With all these messages being received by company accounts, it is easy to see how simplified messaging and efficient communication can benefit companies on Instagram. As they say, KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid.
If you come across specific questions that are repeatedly asked through Instagram DMs or concerns that arise frequently, you will really need to use Instagram Quick Replies. It could not be any clearer than that!
You will be able to optimize your time and not lose any more of it by writing the same message over and over again.
I’m going to name a few situations in which Instagram Quick Replies can be beneficial for you and your company:
- If the management of your Instagram account is carried by an external agency, it never hurts to have possible answers to the issues or questions that most appear in private messaging. You can do this to make sure that the person or people who are managing your private messages can work more easily, without having to be in contact with you every time.
- If there is more than one person who manages the same Instagram account. Sometimes it can be difficult to keep a record of how to write and transmit brand messages, especially if there are multiple people involved. Having Quick Replies ready ensures that your responses are on-brand and accurate to the very last detail.
- In technical or regulated industries, such as the financial or legal sector, a misplaced word or an incorrect term can have disastrous effects for your company. Right? To avoid these possible errors, use quick replies that have already been reviewed by a legal team or an expert in the field.
- And, simply, because you want to optimize your time. Do you know how much time it takes to answer all private messages one by one, writing almost the same thing again and again? I hope you never have to.
You can also ensure that your preparation for handling multiple queries becomes completely worth it by gaining more Instagram followers to interact with. If you’re really serious about growing your Instagram and get on a fast-track path to becoming Instagram famous, you can also check out Simplygram.com where you can sign up for a free trial of our Instagram growth service to help you get started.
How to create a Quick Reply in Instagram’s Direct Messages?
To create, modify or delete a quick response on Instagram is easy peasy. It’s super simple and totally fast.
I’m going to share with you all the steps so you cannot go wrong. I will bet my bottom dollar that this is something you can do.
There are three (equally simple) ways to create a Quick Reply.
FIRST WAY TO CREATE A QUICK REPLY
- Go to your Instagram profile (obviously).
- Click on the menu icon that you will find at the top right (consists of 3 horizontal lines) and then go to the bottom, where it says “Settings”.
- Go to “Quick Answers” (or “Quick Replies”) where you will see the “Business Settings” section.
- Click on the plus button (+) that you will see at the top right corner (you can NOT see it, my friend!).
- Here, you can begin to write your message and add a shortcut so that, when you want to answer one of your saved answers, you only have to write a couple of keywords.
You can create all the Quick Replies you want. So be creative and start being more productive!
SECOND WAY TO CREATE A QUICK REPLY
- Go to a DM that you have and click on the Direct Message icon. If you do not get lost in the process, you’ll have to click on the plus icon (+) and then the Quick Replies icon.
- If you have not yet created a Quick Reply, you will see the option to create one.
- If you already have one created, you will see them displayed one after the other.
In both cases, to create your Quick Reply, you must click on the plus icon (+). I might not have mentioned it before, so take note, shortcuts cannot be more than 15 characters long.
THIRD WAY TO CREATE A QUICK REPLY
If you are not so proactive and do not know what Quick Reply to create, you can do it from a message that you have already sent.
- Open a DM which you have already written a response to. It must be a response that you want to save.
- Keep your finger pressed on the text you want to save and click on “Save Quick Reply”. The same screen will open so you can edit it (if you want) and add a shortcode.
How to edit or delete a quick response in Instagram DM?
To edit or delete a Quick Reply, you simply have to open the answers that you have already saved in your profile settings (similar to what we did under the First Way to Create a Quick Reply) and click on the message you want to modify.
You can edit the text or change the shortcut. Or, if you do not like it at all, you can also delete it (you’ll see, in red, where you can click to delete it).
How to use a Quick Reply in Instagram’s Direct Messages?
Ok, so you already have your answers or Quick Replies created and saved. Now it’s time to use them to avoid wasting time writing the same message over and over again.
There are two ways (very nice of Instagram to be giving us more than one option to do the same thing) to use your Quick Replies.
1. When you are inside a DM, click on the icon of Quick Replies(the one with the bubble with the 3 dots inside ) and choose the answer you prefer.
If you want, once the answer has been selected (you will see that it appears as if you were writing a message) you can edit the text (for example, add the name of the person you are talking to, to personalize the answers as much as you can).
2. Also when you are inside a Direct Message, you can directly write the shortcut in the message box. When you do, you’ll see that the blue Quick Reply icon appears. Then, click on the button and the text associated with that shortcut will automatically be inserted. Similar to the previous option, you can edit the message before sending it.
6 Ways That Companies Use Instagram Quick Replies
Now that you know how to create, edit, delete and use Instagram’s Quick Replies, let’s go to the most important thing: strategies to get the most out of this IG functionality.
I’ll tell you 6 ways that companies use Quick Replies so you can be more productive. Let’s go!
#1: Use Instagram Quick Answers to answer FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Do you usually get many DMs asking the same thing? They can be questions about your products, your hours of operation, information about courses, questions about shipping or returns, etc. If so, the best thing you can do is create a quick response for each of these questions, so you do not waste time writing the same things repeatedly.
Check your private messages and make a list of the topics that come up most in the conversations.
Of course, every time you use one of these saved responses, customize them the best way you can, so that the person on the other side of the phone does not think you are a robot.
Add your name and an emoji for added effect.
#2: Use the Saved Responses when you launch sweepstakes or contests on your profile
When you launch a raffle on your Instagram account, you know (you will definitely know!) that you will receive dozens or hundreds of private messages asking questions related to the raffle / prize / rules, etc.
Don’t you think you would save a LOT of time if you already have the most common answers to these questions saved? I’m telling you, YES!
Even if you have written everything in the post, do not worry, they will continue to ask you about the same things:
- How to participate
- When the draw ends
- How the prize is sent
- Who can participate
- How the winner will be chosen
- And a long list of etceteras…
#3: Use Quick Replies to improve customer service
We all know that Instagram is the top app used to generate leads and get sales, but (I assure you) it’s also a great tool for providing customer service.
Many users are already calling or sending emails. Now (well, now and for a long time) people go directly to Instagram to send DMs as if there were no tomorrow, because they know that there is someone behind the account who will see it before their email is read (in principle).
Sp to keep up with the demand, it is best to have quick answers to questions that you know they will ask you, or to tell you to leave your contact information to call later.
#4: Use Instagram Saved Responses to improve engagement with your fan community
Responding to all the DMs in Instagram Direct is something that you have to do. Absolutely! And not just for the simple act of answering queries, but because doing this can grow your business.
Yes. Answering the private messages can make your audience trust you much more, and they will end up buying your products or using your services (true story).
It is the best way to grow engagement with your Instagram followers. Long live the DMs!
If you usually receive private comments about your photos, your posts, or yourself…Prepare typical answers to gain time answering.
#5. Be a smart one and use the Quick Replies to get a lot of leads
I already told you in this article how to get leads thanks to Instagram Stories (if you have not read that part, I advise you to do so, because it is very cool). Well, now I will tell you that with Instagram Quick Replies, you can ALSO get leads.
Leads, leads, leads. And boy do we like leads!
You can have saved answers that talk about one of your lead magnets, or one of your courses with a link to them.
Create an answer for each of your lead magnets and use it when a user asks you a question about a specific topic, or answers for one of your Stories in which you have spoken about the resource.
So you will not have to be writing the same information every time someone asks you a question about your courses, or resources, or discounts, or whatever your most recent campaign is about.
#6 Use Quick Replies to get sales and/or customers
And if you can get leads with Quick Replies, don’t you think you can also get sell easily and without much effort?
Yes, you can!
With Quick Replies, you can have an ace up your sleeve and get new (or recurring ) customers thanks to having saved texts that encourage them to purchase from you.
Have prepared messages that speak of your product or service (because many people will ask you questions) including the direct URL of sale. Cover all possible answers to convince the person on the other side of the screen that what you offer is the best of the best.
For example, if you are offering resources Community Managers in your stories and someone replies that they would love to learn much more about social networks, have a ready answer to send that person to the Pack Community Manager that you have available.
What are you talking about resources for Community Managers in your stories and someone replies that they would love to learn much more about social networks? Of course, try not to look hopeless! Do not go trying to sell off the bat to anyone who says “I like your post”. Start a conversation first to test the terrain and, when you see that the user is interested in your product/service, launch that awesome quick reply. Pim pam! Sale made!
As we are seeing, Instagram is making it possible for companies and brands to communicate with their audiences more and more efficiently. As you learn to grow your business and your services, you also have to work on gaining more Instagram followers to make it worth your while. As a way of enticing your Instagram followers to stick around and to get more IG followers, you could also try signing up for a free trial of our Instagram growth service called Simplygram. Gain 3,000 followers every month and grow your Instagram account organically today!
Latest posts by Anne Haynes (see all)
- Get Free Instagram Followers Instantly With Our IG Growth Service Trial - September 22, 2020
- How To Get More Followers On Instagram - April 6, 2020
- Every Little Thing You Need To Know About Instagram Quick Replies: The Most Complete Guide Ever! - June 5, 2019